Introducing Bloomington GO Station!
Brand new to the Richmond Hill Line, Bloomington GO is open for service as of Monday June 28th, 2021. Located at Hwy. 404 and Bloomington Road, this station provides customers in the York Region with even more access to GO service options, such as rush hour Richmond Hill line trains and bus service outside the rush hour periods.
Bloomington GO Station Features
As part of the GO Expansion work, Bloomington GO is a state-of-the-art station designed with ease-of-access in mind, with several amenities to enhance your travel experience. The new station includes:
- A 3-level parking structure and a surface level lot, featuring over 1,000 combined parking spaces
- Designated Kiss & Ride pick-up and drop-off area
- A bus loop containing six bus bays, with connections to local transit in the works
- Parking available for scooters and bicycles
- 12-car train platform with a snowmelt system
- Heated platform shelters
We also recently launched GO Wi-Fi Plus on our trains and buses, making for a more convenient and enjoyable experience for you along your journey.
New GO bus and train services get you where you need to GO; whether it be for traveling for fun, work or school early in the morning or late in evening. Customers in Richmond Hill, Aurora and Whitchurch-Stouffville have convenient access to GO services directly from Hwy. 404 at Bloomington Rd.
- Weekday morning rush hour trains departing Bloomington GO and arriving at Union Station approximately an hour later
- Weekday afternoon rush hour trains departing Union Station and arriving at Bloomington GO approximately an hour later
- GO buses bring Bloomington GO customers to downtown Toronto first thing in the morning, during much of the midday and return trips operating all day outside of rush hour, including late night trips.
For added convenience as you begin your travel journey, buy your e-tickets online in advance. When using PRESTO, adults pay $8.46 for GO trips between Bloomington GO and Union Station.
Bloomington GO’s station building and parking structure is constructed with LEED Gold-certification in mind. The roof of the station is equipped with solar panels and the station uses low-energy LED lights. Furthermore, the design of the station is vertical, meaning we are better able to preserve surrounding wetlands and allow minimum disruption to the surrounding ecology.
The station lies within Ontario’s Greenbelt and is surrounded by significant wildlife populations. We have incorporated a stormwater management system, where the station building collects water and reuses it around the site including a pond within the station lot. By keeping migration paths open, we’ve accounted for the wellness of area frogs and we’ve created a specialized underground crossing system from the station pond to neighbouring wetlands.
Come check out Bloomington GO Station for yourself! Plan your trip today.
And remember, at GO Transit, safety never stops. Please wear a face covering when you ride with us. It is mandatory for our staff to wear one on the job. It’s part of our commitment to protect you. Check out all we’re doing to keep you safe on your journey.