We're Transforming your Station!
Bradford GO Current Construction
Improvements are coming to Bradford GO! Construction started January 2022 and will continue until summer 2023. We’re updating access into and out of the station, enhancing parking, updating amenities and upgrading the bus loop.
How You'll Benefit
With the population of Simcoe County expected to grow by approximately 37 per cent by 2041, Metrolinx is committed to expanding GO service along the Barrie Line. These upgrades through GO Expansion will enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations.
Here’s what else is coming to your station and the community:
- A traffic signal at the Dissette Street entrance to improve flow.
- New sidewalks into the station from Dissette Street and Bridge Street
- Upgrading station lighting and CCTV
- Adding parking spaces and rehabilitating the existing parking lot
- Upgrading stormwater system and management
- Reconfiguring the bus loop with three new bays and installing one new heated shelter
Progress We've Made
Platform Construction is now complete!
We've improved your station by installing new digital signs at the bus loop and on the train platform which will display trip information to help keep you in the know. New tactile yellow safety tiles have also been added to the train platform to remind you how far back to stand.
These upgrades are work we are carrying out as part of GO Expansion, to enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations.
GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go.
At your station this means you’ll benefit from:
- Improved safety features.
- New tactile yellow safety tiles at the edge of the platform to remind you how far back to stand. The best commute is always a safe one.
- New digital signs that will display schedule information in the future.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated April 12, 2022 | Renderings subject to change.