What’s Next at Maple GO?
Over the next few years, major improvements are coming to Maple GO. Our design team is ensuring the new station meets your needs and those of the community.
Two pedestrian tunnels have already been installed, which is the first phase of implementing two-way, all day service to your station. The tunnels are ready to connect you to a second platform and track in the future – both needed for increased service.
There are lots of changes to get excited about! Here’s what’s coming to your station and the community:
- A new second track and covered platform to accommodate two-way, all-day service
- Better pedestrian and cyclist connectivity, including bike storage facilities
- Parking garage with 1,200 spaces, including spaces for electric vehicle charging
- A pedestrian plaza to provide seamless connection between the parking garage and the platform
- An upgraded bus loop and Kiss & Ride
Note: Station renderings are preliminary and subject to change
This transformation is expected to start in late 2019.
Separate from this project, we will be building a grade separation at McNaughton Road. This means we will be separating the tracks from the road so traffic will no longer have to wait for a train to pass, which will be a major traffic and safety improvement when we increase GO train service.
We’re excited for the changes planned for Maple GO and we hope you are too! We’ll continue to update this page with renderings and status updates. It’s just one of the ways we’ll keep you in the know about construction at Maple GO.