Major improvements are underway at Milliken GO Station. We're updating amenities, building an vehicle underpass and pedestrian bridge on Steeles Ave, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Starting August 6
- 20 parking spaces near the station building will be closed until the end of the month.
- Enbridge Gas will be on-site to work on underground utilities.
- See map below for affected parking areas.
Starting August 19
- 20 spaces on the south side of the lot will permanently close to build the new mechanical room.
- New parking spots were added last month.
- The pedestrian pathway from Steeles Ave. E. is now open to give you direct access to the station platform. This path will stay open until the end of 2019.
- The stairs and temporary walkway west of Splendid China Mall will be closed.
Remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Agincourt and Unionville.
Milliken GO construction map
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
In 2019, there will be major changes to Steeles Ave as we build an underpass bridge near the train tracks. We are doing this so trains and cars can move through the area more easily.
You will still be able to access the station along Redlea Blvd, but please give yourself extra time to catch your train. If you normally walk to the station, please use the temporary walkways provided.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. By the end of 2021, you will have access to:
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- a canopy-covered walkway to Steeles Avenue;
- an underpass bridge on Steeles Ave to separate the train tracks from Steeles Avenue, so that trains and cars can move through the area more easily; and
- a pedestrian bridge across Steeles Ave that will connect to both platforms.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated July 31, 2019 | All renderings are subject to change.