Major improvements are underway at Milliken GO Station. We're updating amenities, building a vehicle underpass and pedestrian bridge on Steeles Ave, enhancing accessibility, and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Pedestrians will be directed south on Redlea Avenue along the existing east sidewalk to the station entrance. A designated walkway will be installed through the parking lot to provide pedestrian access to Milliken GO Station.
Milliken GO Map
There was a major change to the way you access the train platform at Milliken GO.
Here is what you need to know:
- The current west platform is closed for construction.
- A new entrance will safely lead you to your new platform. There will be construction fencing along this new pathway for your safety.
- This temporary platform change is being done to facilitate construction on the west platform and stair structures at Milliken GO, as well as excavation and utility works underneath the rail bridge along Steeles Ave.
Changes to Steeles Ave E during construction
Significant changes to Steeles Ave E are in effect as we continue to build a bridge that will separate the street from the train tracks.
Here is what you need to know:
- Two lanes in each direction will be maintained on the south side of the underpass while construction continues on the north side. The pedestrian walkway will be available on the south side of Steeles Avenue East along the new retaining wall.
We’re building to accommodate more GO customers and increase GO Transit service along the Stouffville line. The underpass bridge will provide a protected pedestrian walkway across Steeles and allow vehicles and trains to move through the area more easily.
Remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Agincourt and Unionville.
Construction will affect how you board and exit your train. Pay attention to the following to ensure you’re sitting in the correct car for your stop.
Listen to the announcements on your train. Not all cars will open their doors. If you are unsure, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador for assistance. Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
We continue to build an underpass bridge near the train tracks. We are doing this so trains and cars can move through the area more easily.
You will still be able to access the station along Redlea Blvd, but please give yourself extra time to catch your train. If you normally walk to the station, please use the temporary walkways provided.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. Once this works completes, you will have access to:
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- a canopy-covered walkway to Steeles Avenue;
- an underpass bridge on Steeles Ave to separate the train tracks from Steeles Avenue, so that trains and cars can move through the area more easily; and
- a pedestrian bridge across Steeles Ave that will connect to both platforms.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
Stay In The Know
We’ll keep you informed along the way. To have updates sent directly to you, here is what you can do:
Sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts
Updated February 25, 2022 |Renderings subject to change.