Major improvements are underway at Milliken GO Station. We're updating amenities, building an vehicle underpass and pedestrian bridge on Steeles Ave, enhancing accessibility and making it easier and more convenient to access GO services.
Changes to Steeles Ave E during construction
Significant changes to Steeles Ave E are now in effect as we start to build a bridge that will separate the street and from the train tracks.
Here is what you need to know:
- A detour road is now open on Steeles Ave E between Kennedy Rd and Silverstar Blvd.
- You can get to Milliken GO station via Redlea Blvd. There will be no access to the station through the Splendid China Mall parking lot.
- If you walk to the station, please use the temporary walkways along the north side of Steeles Ave.
- If you take local transit to the station, please be advised that two TTC bus stops along Steeles Ave have been relocated to accommodate construction.
We’re building to accommodate more GO customers and increase GO Transit service along the Stouffville line. The underpass bridge will provide a protected pedestrian walkway across Steeles and allow vehicles and trains to move through the area more easily.
Remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you’re going. Don’t forget that construction and station improvements are also underway at neighbouring GO stations: Agincourt and Unionville.
Map showing Steeles Ave E road detour near Milliken GO
Construction will affect how you board and exit your train. Pay attention to the following Construction will affect how you board and exit your train. Pay attention to the following to ensure you’re sitting in the correct car for your stop.
Listen to the announcements on your train. Not all cars will open their doors.If you are unsure, feel free to ask your customer service ambassador for assistance.Look for signage to show you where to stand and remember to spread out along the platform.
Check out our station travel guide to learn more about carpooling, getting dropped off, taking public transit or walking to the station during construction.
In 2019, there will be major changes to Steeles Ave as we build an underpass bridge near the train tracks. We are doing this so trains and cars can move through the area more easily.
You will still be able to access the station along Redlea Blvd, but please give yourself extra time to catch your train. If you normally walk to the station, please use the temporary walkways provided.
How You Will Benefit
We’re building new station features to accommodate the additional 1,000 daily customers we anticipate in the next 10 years and to prepare for future two-way, all-day service. By the end of 2022, you will have access to:
- a new second track and platform;
- a renovated existing platform;
- two new pedestrian tunnels with elevators;
- canopies and integrated shelters on the platforms to protect you from the elements;
- a canopy-covered walkway to Steeles Avenue;
- an underpass bridge on Steeles Ave to separate the train tracks from Steeles Avenue, so that trains and cars can move through the area more easily; and
- a pedestrian bridge across Steeles Ave that will connect to both platforms.
These improvements will help support future 15-minute, two-way all day service between Unionville and Union Station. Learn about more service and improvements planned for your corridor at Metrolinx.com/Stouffville.
How To Stay In The Know
Sign up for our email and text alerts, to stay in the know about the construction that will transform your station!
We will do our best to minimize the impact to you. Since construction can be disruptive, we will use the On the GO alerts to flag any changes to the way you get in and around your station.
Updated June 3, 2020 | All renderings are subject to change.