Bring your best friend on board with you! We’re testing out a different approach for dogs travelling on our trains and buses.
From July 20 to October 15, a maximum of two leashed dogs will be able to travel with you when you board on weekdays between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. until the end of service, and all day on weekends and holidays. Outside of these hours, dogs are welcome on board but must be in a pet carrier that can fit on your lap or under your seat.
Here’s what you need to know about travelling with your dog on GO:
- You and your dog must use the lower level of trains and buses.
- Be sure to pick up after your dog, but do not dispose of their waste on trains or buses.
- Be considerate to others and keep your dog out of the way and off the seats.
- Keep your dog with you at all times for its safety and the safety of others.
- Give those with accessibility needs priority when bringing your dog onto the accessible coach.
- All other pets must be in a carrier at all times while on board.
We aren’t making any changes to our service animal policy. Service animals are welcome on board with their owners all day, every day, and must wear a vest and have identification from an accredited training organization.
Throughout the pilot, we’ll collect and monitor feedback from customers and staff to help guide our future plans. Watch for news about our survey later this summer. We’ll let you know if we make any permanent changes to our policy about travelling with your pets.
For tips about travelling with your pet, visit the Responsible Dog Owners of Canada Association.