Welcome to our brand new website! Let us know if we got it right. Take this survey after your visit.
What Do You Do On YOUR Work Commute?
Published: May 12, 2023
Updated: May 12, 2023
Why do our riders enjoy commuting to work with GO? Well, when you don’t need to focus on the road and you’re feeling frustrated because you’re stuck staring at a long line of cars, you can make time for other things! Without the worry of traffic, you can relax on your way to and from work.
Your day at work can be stressful and, when you’re home, you might be busy with meal prep, household chores, and caring for kids or pets. Your commuting time can be a little break in between work and home that allows you to make space for yourself and your own well-being.
Here are a few of the ways that GO business travellers spend their commuting time. How will you spend yours?
Making Time For “Me Time”
One of the best things about commuting on GO is the opportunity to focus on yourself. During your ride, you don’t need to think about traffic or work or juggling all your responsibilities at home. You can just relax and simply be. Taking a little “me time” is a great way to mentally prepare for your day and to unwind after work.
Some of our business travellers spend their commute:
- Focusing on self-reflection
- Meditating in the Quiet Zone by Audible
- Reading in the Quiet Zone by Audible (bring a book or read one of the e-books on our entertainment portral with Legible!)
- Napping in the Quiet Zone by Audible
- Sipping their coffee in peace
Watching or Listening to Entertainment
Maybe meditating isn’t your speed. Your work commute on GO can also be a great time to enjoy YOUR favourite entertainment — no need to agree with others at home or in the car! When you ride with us, you’ll have access to GO Wi-Fi Plus, our all-in-one free GO Transit Wi-Fi connection and onboard entertainment portal.
You can visit our free entertainment portal, where we’re regularly adding new content — no need to even sign in! You can also access 200MB of free data when you sign in with your email address.
Some of our riders spend their commute:
- Listening to music
- Listening to a podcast
- Listening to an audiobook (we also offer free audiobooks courtesy of the Quiet Zone by Audible)
- Watching a movie
- Catching up on their favourite TV show
- Using our free Wi-Fi to scroll through social media to get your creative juices flowing — get inspired for work or to try new recipes, fashion style, or home decor ideas
Creating a Separation Between Work and Home Lives
When you have a busy day at work and then you follow it with a stressful drive, it’s difficult to unwind at home. You want to enjoy spending time with your family and friends without feeling distracted.
Some of our business travellers spend their commute:
- Taking a mental break after the work day so they arrive home feeling recharged
- Using our free Wi-Fi to send a few last emails or finish up a bit of work so that they can fully focus on family and leisure activities at home
- Unwinding with a favourite activity (it’s all about that “me time”!)
Enjoying the Benefits of Commuting With GO
Although having the time to do a little relaxing is a great perk of commuting with GO, it’s not the only one! Our riders also enjoy:
Easy Trip Planning & Payment Options
- Our redesigned website makes it even easier to plan your trip by giving you a more personalized online experience.
- You can always check your schedule online, and real-time information now integrated on our redesigned website keeps you up to date on the status of your trip.
- We offer a variety of fares and payment methods so that you can choose the fare that works best for you.
- You can save 15% or more by travelling on GO with a PRESTO card. Your discount is applied automatically and you can set up Autoload on the PRESTO App so you don’t need to worry about remembering to reload funds. You can also take advantage of PRESTO Perks savings at many popular attractions, events, entertainment, and brands!
- You can also tap on and off with your credit card or debit card on a PRESTO device, including those cards on your smartphone or smartwatch, and enjoy the same savings (when using the same form of payment all month).
- You can set up a default trip on your PRESTO card, physical credit card, physical debit card, or the credit card in your mobile wallet so that you only need to tap on at the beginning of your train trip. You’ll save time during that early morning rush since there’s no need to tap off.
- You can enjoy free local transit fare when travelling between GO and most local transit agencies with our co-fare discount!
A Safe & Comfortable Commute
- The best commute is a safe commute.
- You can text “HELP” to 77777 to communicate in real-time with a dispatcher from our Customer Protective Services team if you have a safety concern anywhere within our network and don’t want to draw attention to yourself.
- Our Transit Safety Dispatch can be reached 24 hours/day at 1-877-297-0642. We’re always here to help.
- Press the yellow emergency strips in our trains and buses or call 911 for life threatening emergencies and crimes in progress.
- Our safety tips will help ensure a safe commute for everyone!
Savoring a Relaxing Ride
When you’re at work or at home, you’re busy helping and caring for others. And, while all of that can be very fun and fulfilling, it’s also easy to get burned out — especially if your time in between work and home includes a stressful drive. It’s important to take moments to focus on your own needs, too.
Commuting on GO can be YOUR time. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey!