Clear skies, bright sun, long weekends - summer is all about good times! This summer feels especially exciting because, after 2 years of cancellations, many of our favourite events are back and in-person. But, with everyone heading to summer events and attractions comes long lines of traffic, difficult and expensive parking, road closures, and uncomfortably hot cars. Also, with the rise of gas prices, taking GO is a great way to get to your summer outings. Travelling to these events on a weekend? Make sure to take advantage of our Weekend Pass. So leave your vehicle at home and arrive at the event feeling cool, relaxed, and ready for fun!
It’s back and in-person! The Pride Parade, the Trans March, the Dyke March, Blockorama by Blackness Yes - all of it! Pride Toronto will also include the StreetFair, Bi+ Pride Programming, and multiple stages featuring over 300 2SLGBTQ+ artists. This year, the Pride Parade is focusing on sustainability by eliminating the use of flatbed floats and gas-powered vehicles, and moving to smaller, green-powered vehicles. Pride programming begins June 1 and continues all month long. Visit the Pride Toronto website for the full calendar of events.
- When: Beginning June 1, with events all month long and concluding with Festival Weekend on June 24, 25, 26.
- Where: Church-Wellesley Village. Visit the Pride Toronto website for the full calendar of events, and check out how Metrolinx is celebrating Pride this year!
- Cost: varies
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station, and then connect to the TTC.
Something new is happening in Toronto! The Halal Food Tour, a first-of-its-kind event, is touring eight different cities around the GTA, with stops at Guildwood and Ajax GO Stations. The vendors will serve all halal meat, so get ready to eat! No pork or alcohol will be served at this festival.
- June 3 – 5 (Oakville GO Station): Friday 3 p.m. - 12 a.m., Saturday 2 p.m. - 12 a.m., Sunday 2 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- June 10 - 12 (Guildwood GO Station) - Friday 3 p.m. - 12 a.m., Saturday 2 p.m. - 12 a.m., Sunday 2 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- June 17 - 19 (Ajax GO Station)- Friday 3 p.m. - 12 a.m., Saturday 2 p.m. - 12 a.m., Sunday 2 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Where: Oakville GO Station, Guildwood GO Station & Ajax GO Station
- Cost: FREE!
- Get There With GO: Take Lakeshore West GO train line to Oakville GO Station. Take the Lakeshore East GO train line to Guildwood GO Station or Ajax GO Station
Luminato is “An Arts Festival That Knows No Bounds” and showcases art in many forms. From June 9 - 19, events and performances will occur around the city. You can use your PRESTO card to get 15% off ticketed events! You can also enjoy an “Art in Transit: Luminato on the GO” performance during your early morning commute. These free performances are produced in partnership with GO Transit and will occur on 7 different GO lines over 7 days!
- When: June 9 - 19, 2022
- “Art in Transit: Luminato on the GO” schedule – June 9 - 17
- June 9 - Richmond Hill line train (Richmond Hill GO - Union)
- June 10 - KItchener line train (Brampton GO - Union)
- June 13 - Barrie line train (Maple GO - Union)
- June 14 - Stouffville line train (Unionville GO - Union)
- June 15 - Milton line train (Cooksville GO - Union)
- June 16 - Lakeshore East line train (Rouge Hill GO - Union)
- June 17 - Lakeshore West line train (Oakville GO - Union)
- Where: parks and theatres, downtown and across the GTA
- Cost: varies
- Get There With GO: Directions depending on which event, see Luminato website for more information.
Taste of Asia is Canada’s largest Asian festival, organized by F.C.C.M, in collaboration with York Region and APMC. The event brings together the community to promote the multicultural mosaic of Canada, with food, games, and performances from various ethnocultural groups. So hop on the GO and enjoy this event that’s filled with flavourful treats and fun entertainment!
- Friday June 24, 2022 2:00PM – 11:00PM
- Saturday June 25, 2022 11:00 AM – 11:00PM
- Sunday June 26, 2022 11:00AM – 5:00PM
- Where: Kennedy & Steeles in Markham
- Cost: FREE!
- Get There With GO:Take Stouffville Line GO Train to Milliken GO, then it’s a short 8-minute walk to the event.
The sound of revving engines returns to Toronto this summer! Racing fans won’t want to miss the Honda Indy, back after being cancelled the last two years. The Lakeshore West train will take you right to Exhibition Place, so GO Transit is the best way to get to the Indy. Save up to 20% off general admission with PRESTO Perks. Just think Ready, Set, GO - and you can be there to see that checkered flag drop!
- When: July 15 - 17, 2022
- Where: Exhibition Place
- Cost: General admission starts at $50. Children aged 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station. You’ll arrive right by Entrance 2 on the Honda Indy Festival Map.
The theme of this year’s Global Black Pride is Honouring our Past, Securing our Future. It is a testament of being unapologetically Black with the commitment to work towards justice and freedom for the Black LGBTQI community. This year will be the first in-person event partnership with Blackness Yes! And Pride Toronto - events will include a Human Rights Conference, Queer Black Brunch, Blockobana, Blackness Yes! and more. Founded in 2020, Global Black Pride is an activist-led event celebrating diversity and excellence of Black LGBTQI around the world. Join the global movement to fight for freedom, liberation, and justice for all Black LGBTQI communities!
- When: July 27 - 31, 2022
- Where: varies
- Cost: FREE
- Get There With GO: Directions depending on which event. TBA
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival returns this year with its music, costumes, and pageantry. The tradition of parading through the street was founded as a celebration of emancipation from slavery. This is the 55th anniversary of the Grande Parade in Toronto, with both free and paid elements happening along the Lake Shore. GO makes it easy to get there without worrying about navigating around road closures. Other events include the King & Queen Showcase, a Steel Pan Showcase, and Carnival Flavours - featuring Caribbean food and drinks.
- When: July 28 - 31, 2022
- Where: 955 Lake Shore Blvd W., Toronto, ON
- Cost: The Grande Parade features both FREE & paid events; see here for more info
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West GO train line to Exhibition GO Station. Then it’s a 10 minute walk south via Manitoba Dr. and Princes’ Blvd.
Do you love Bollywood? Canada’s largest South Asian festival, #BollywoodMonster Mashup, is back in person this year on August 5 & 6. #BollywoodMonster Mashup aims to share Bollywood culture with everyone, so even if you’ve never seen a Bollywood movie, don’t miss this festival of live music, dance, food, shopping, kids' activities and more. You’re sure to be a fan by the end!
- When: August 5 - 6, 2022
- Where: Mississauga Celebration Square
- Cost: FREE - RSVP at BollywoodMonsterMashup.com/Event
- Get There With GO: On Friday, take the Milton line train to Cooksville GO Station and then connect to MiWay. On Saturday, take GO Bus Route 21 from Union Station Bus Terminal to Cooksville GO Station and connect to MiWay.
The rides, the games, the FOOD, the fun! The Canadian National Exhibition has all that plus stunt and talent shows, exhibits showcasing photography and technology, live music, the Air Show, and more. Let’s GO to the Ex!
- When: August 19 - September 5, 2022
- Where: Exhibition Place
- Cost: 2022 CNE Tickets can be purchased now at TheEx.com- buy now and save up to 40%! If you purchased tickets to the 2020 & 2021 CNE (which was cancelled due to COVID-19), they will be honoured at the gate.
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West GO train line to Exhibition GO Station and you’re there!
It’s the biggest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming event in Canada! FAN EXPO Canada returns this summer so you can immerse yourself in fan culture again. Meet celebrities, attend panel discussions, cosplay, shop, and more. Travel is easy when you purchase a GO Combo Saver Ticket. You’ll get admission to FAN EXPO Canada + roundtrip GO travel to and from Union Station!
- When: August 25 - 28, 2022; Thursday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
When: August 25 - 28, 2022; Thursday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Cost: Tickets start at $27. Or, purchase a GO Combo Saver Ticket* to get admission to FAN EXPO + roundtrip fare to and from Union Station. Buy combo tickets here.
* GO Combo Saver Tickets for FAN EXPO Canada - youth single day ticket starting at $29, adult single day ticket starting at $39, family single day ticket starting at $83 on family single day, and multi-day tickets starting at $154.
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Proceed to the upper level of the station and use the SkyWalk. Follow the signs for the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
GO can save you more than just the stress of driving and parking - we can save you money, too! Less money spent on travel means more money for all the summer excitement!
Don’t forget to take advantage of savings to attractions and events all around the GGH with your PRESTO card! You can save 15% off ticketed events to Luminato, and up to 20% off general admission to the Honda Indy.
When you’re travelling on the weekend, a Weekend Pass is the way to GO. Use a $10 One-Day Pass for unlimited GO travel on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday. Use a $15 Weekend Pass for unlimited GO travel all weekend long, including holiday weekends. Squeeze in as much fun as you can while the summer weekends last!
Our new fare discounts have made travelling with GO more affordable than ever. Our Youth and Post-Secondary Student fare has increased from 22.5% to 40% off the regular adult fare. Our Co-Fare discount has increased to 100% off on most local transit agencies. That means that your local fares are now FREE when you connect to or from GO Transit. We’re saving you more, so you can DO more.
When school’s out for summer, it’s time for family fun! Remember that kids aged 12 and under always ride free on GO. It’s affordable to bring the whole family on GO Transit!
Summer Events Are Just A GO Ride Away
Say goodbye to traffic jams and parking headaches and say hello to a relaxing ride. Take the GO and don’t miss out on a minute of summertime fun. Start planning your outings now!