The Best Events of the Summer
Published: Mar 8, 2023
Updated: Sep 26, 2023
Clear skies, bright sun, long weekends - summer is all about good times! With everyone heading to summer events and attractions comes long lines of traffic, difficult and expensive parking, road closures, and uncomfortably hot cars. Also, with the rise of gas prices, taking GO is a great way to get to your summer outings. Travelling to these events on a weekend? Make sure to take advantage of our Weekend Pass. So leave your vehicle at home and arrive at the event feeling cool, relaxed, and ready for fun!
Thanks for riding with us to TIFF! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Film buffs — it’s your favourite time of year! The Toronto International Film Festival brings 11 days of exciting cinema from around the world. A few of the highly anticipated films include Hayao Miyazaki's The Boy and the Heron, George C. Wolfe’s biopic Rustin, and Anna Kendrick’s directorial debut Woman of the Hour.
It gets pretty busy downtown during the festival, so leave your car at home and take GO to #TIFF23!
- When: September 7 - 17, 2023
- Where: TIFF Bell Lightbox, 350 King St W, Toronto
- Cost: Regular screenings: $26 - $32, Premium screenings: $39 - $88
PRESTO Perk: Save 20% off TIFF memberships with your PRESTO card. As a member, you’ll be able to see free and discounted films at TIFF Bell Lightbox, and get access to Festival tickets before the public.
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO bus or train to Union Station and then walk north up University Ave to King St W, or take TTC from Union to St Andrew Station.
Thanks for riding with us to Supercrawl Hamilton! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Head to Hamilton for 3 days of FREE entertainment! With concerts, craft vendors, art installations, theatre, dance, and fashion shows, Supercrawl is an amazing multi-arts festival that’s just a GO ride away. This year’s lineup includes performances by Broken Social Scene, The Flatliners, Raine Maida & Chantal Kreviazuk, BADBADNOTGOOD and others. Stroll the pedestrian-only corridor and soak up creative art in all its forms!
- When: September 8 - 10, 2023
- Where: James St N, Hamilton
- Cost: FREE!
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Hamilton GO or West Harbour GO. It’s an easy walk from either station.
A trip to Canada’s Wonderland is a summertime staple! There are 17 roller coasters waiting for you thrill seekers, two children’s areas if you’re bringing little ones, and the 20-acre water park Splash Works, for those of us who are just looking to cool off. With a total of over 200 attractions, there’s fun for everyone at Canada’s Wonderland!
- When: All season!
- Where: 1 Canada's Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON
- Cost: Regular daily admission (Ages 3-64, over 48" tall) - starting at $44.99, Junior/Senior daily admission (Ages 3 or older & under 48" tall or guests 65 & older) - starting at $34.99, Season pass - starting at $89/person
- Get There With GO: Take the Barrie line to Maple GO Station, and then connect to the YRT. Starting May 6, 2023, GO Bus routes 47W and 52X will include a stop at Canada’s Wonderland on weekends and holidays.
CFL Toronto Argos
Head to BMO Field this summer to cheer on the Toronto Argonauts! The Boatmen are ready to defend their Grey Cup championship and you can help by coming out to show your support from the stands.
- When: Upcoming home games: Check out the full Toronto Argonauts season schedule.
- Where: BMO Field
- Cost: Tickets start at $24. Buy your tickets online!
- PRESTO Perk: Score up to 20% off ticket prices to Toronto Argos home games during the 2023 season!
- Get there With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station, and then take a quick 2 minute walk south on Nova Scotia Ave to BMO Field.
Get your game face on and be ready to roar when the Ti-Cats take the field. Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton is a state of the art stadium and a fantastic place to watch some CFL football!
- When: Upcoming home games: Check out the full Hamilton Tiger-Cats season schedule.
- Where: Tim Hortons Field
- Cost: Tickets start at $27. Buy your tickets online!
- PRESTO Perk: Score up to 20% off ticket prices to Hamilton Tiger-Cats home games during the 2023 season! When purchasing your tickets use code: 23TCPRESTO
- Get There With GO: Head to Hamilton GO Centre by GO train or bus, and then transfer to HSR.
Hamilton at the Princess of Wales Theatre
Thanks for riding with us to Hamilton!
See the multi-award-winning musical that has become a cultural phenomenon. With music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton blends hip-hop, jazz, R&B and Broadway to tell the story of American founding father, Alexander Hamilton, in a whole new way.
Note: This show contains strong language and is recommended for ages 10+.
- When: February 22 – August 20, 2023
- Where: Princess of Wales Theatre, 300 King St W, Toronto
- Cost: Tickets start at $69. Buy your tickets online!
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Then connect to the TTC and travel to St. Andrew Station, or walk west on Front St. and then north up University Avenue to King Street West. It’s about a 10-minute walk.
National Bank Open
Thanks for riding with us to the National Bank Open!
The sporting event of the summer returns to Toronto this August! You won't want to miss the top ATP tennis stars hit the court at the National Bank Open presented by Rogers.
- When: August 5 - 13, 2023
- Where: Sobeys Stadium at York University (1 Shoreham Drive, North York)
- Cost: Single session tickets start at $20+ Check out all the options for tickets and packages.
- PRESTO Perk: Save up to 25% off VIP and regular tickets to select sessions of tennis with your PRESTO promo code. Buy your tickets now!
- Get There With GO: Take the Barrie line to Downsview Park GO and then connect to the TTC.
Watch the Toronto FC go for GOALS at BMO Field. If you’ve never seen a Toronto FC game in action, get ready to be caught up in the excitement of professional soccer!
- When: Upcoming home matches: See the full season schedule here.
- Where: BMO Field
- Get There With GO: Take the GO train to BMO Field! Travel on the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station, and then take a quick 2 minute walk south on Nova Scotia Ave.
Immersive Disney Animation
At Immersive Disney Animation you won’t just see a whole new world, you’ll become part of it! Step inside your favorite Disney songs and stories - and see them come to life around you. From timeless classics to modern masterpieces, there is something for everyone. It’s magical!
- When: Show is running now
- Where: Lighthouse ArtSpace, 1 Yonge St, Toronto
- Cost: PRESTO Perks - save with an exclusive offer on tickets.
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Walk east on Front St to Yonge St., then turn right and walk south to the corner of Queens Quay.
Thanks for riding with us to the CNE! Check back next year for 2024 details.
It’s not summer in Toronto without a trip to the CNE. Whether you go for the rides and the games, or you just go for the food, use GO to get there! You’ll arrive just steps from all the classic midway fun, plus a foodie’s paradise of carnival snacks, sweets, and international flavours. You’ll find live entertainment at the CNE Bandshell and lots of fun for little ones in the Kids’ World area. Let’s GO to The Ex!
- When: August 18 – September 4, 2023
- Where: Exhibition Place
- Advance Admission Pass (all ages) - $20
- Advance Ride All Day Pass (all ages) - $43.36
- Buy your advance tickets online!
- PRESTO Perks - PRESTO cardholders can save 20% off CNE Admission Pass & 37% off Admission + Ride All Day Pass until September 4. Enter your PRESTO card number to access the discounted ticket page.
- Get There With GO: Just take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station and you’re there!
FAN Expo Canada
Thanks for riding with us to FAN Expo Canada! Check back next year for 2024 details.
FAN EXPO Canada is 4 days of fandom fun. At the show, you’ll get a chance to meet stars from all your fave fandoms from gaming and anime to sci-fi and horror. Plus, you can meet talented cosplayers, and get original artwork from the biggest comic creators. You won’t want to miss out on thousands of square feet of endless shopping, all day family fun, and a schedule packed with fandom events.
- When: August 24 – 27, 2023
- Thursday 4 pm – 9 pm
- Friday & Saturday 10 am – 7 pm
- Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
- Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Single Day Ticket (Advance price – from $28, Full price – from $38)
- 4-Day Pass (Advance price – from $115, Full price – from $140
- Ultimate Fan Package (Advance price – from $155, Full price – from $180)
- GO Add-On Ticket: Purchase a GO add-on ticket when you buy your FAN Expo ticket or pass to save on round-trip travel to Union Station!
- Buy your tickets online!
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station. Then, use the SkyWalk and follow the signs for the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Want Exclusive Deals on GO?
Our emails deliver more than just updates to your inbox —it's a ticket to excitement, promotions, and tips. Don't miss the bus on all the fun!
Thanks for riding with us to PRIDE Toronto! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Break out that rainbow apparel and get ready to wave your flag — Pride Month is here! Pride Toronto has a full month of events planned, from rallies to live performances to the annual Pride Parade on Festival Weekend, and much more. There’s a Pride event for every vibe! The theme for this year’s Pride Toronto is “Here, There, Everywhere” and its focus is “equal parts protest as it is party.” We’re proud of our long time involvement with Pride Toronto and we’re always happy to help 2SLGBTQIA+ community members and allies get to all the Pride events!
- Trans Pride Rally/March/Afterparty - Fri June 23 @ 7 pm - 11 pm
- Dyke Rally/March/Afterparty - Sat June 24 @ 1 pm - 6 pm
- Drag Ball - Sat June 24 @ 6 pm - 11 pm
- Family Pride - Sat June 24 & Sun June 25 @ 10 am - 5 pm
- Pride Parade - Sun June 25 @ 2 pm
- Two-Spirit & Indigenous Pride - Sun June 25 @ 4 pm - 9 pm
- Various other events are occurring throughout the month of June. Check out the full calendar of events on the Pride Toronto website
- Where: Church-Wellesley Village. Visit the Pride Toronto website for the full calendar of events, and check out how Metrolinx is celebrating Pride this year!
- Cost: Varies; many events are free
- Get There With GO: Travel by GO train or bus to Union Station and then take the TTC.
Special Service for Pride!
On Sunday June 25th for the Toronto Pride Parade, GO Transit is offering special train service on the Stouffville and Milton lines to ensure more opportunities for you to get to and from the parade with ease!
- Southbound trips from Stouffville to Toronto, leaving Old Elm GO Station at 8:46 am and 11:46 am, arriving at Union Station at 9:58 am and 12:58 pm respectively
- Northbound return trips from Toronto to Stouffville, leaving at 6:58 pm and 9:43 pm, arriving at Old Elm GO Station at 8:10 pm and 10:55 pm respectively.
- Eastbound trips from Milton GO Station to Toronto, leaving at 8:56 am and 11:56 am, arriving at Union Station at 10:03 am and 1:03 pm respectively
- Westbount trips from Toronto to Milton, leaving at 7:10 pm and 9:55 pm, arriving at Milton GO Station at 8:15 pm and 11:00 pm respectively.
Save on travel with GO Weekend Passes - $10 for unlimited travel all day!
Taste of Asia
Thanks for riding with us to Taste of Asia! Check back next year for 2024 details.
It’s North America’s largest outdoor Asian festival, and it’s completely free to attend! Enjoy three days of cultural events, guest speakers, and fantastic food. With a pledge to bring more culturally diverse activities to the GTA, Taste of Asia boasts performances by foreign and international stars as well as over 150 food vendors, offering a diverse dining experience. There are attractions for all ages, so bring the whole family to Taste of Asia!
- When: June 23 - 25, 2023
- Friday 5 pm - 11 pm
- Saturday 11 am - 11 pm
- Sunday 11 am - 5 pm
- Where: Kennedy Rd & Steeles Ave E, Markham
- Cost: FREE!
- Get There With GO: Take the GO bus on the Stouffville line to Unionville GO Station and then connect to local YRT transit for a 10-minute ride to Kennedy and Steeles.
Thanks for riding with us to Honda Indy! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Green flag, here we come! The Honda Indy returns to downtown Toronto, July 14 - 16, 2023 and we’re ready to hear the sound of those engines. Watching the cars speed around the 2.874 km track is so exciting, but driving your own car to the event can be a frustration-filled headache. Luckily, GO Transit can take you right to the entrance and save you some money with a Combo Pass that includes Honda Indy general admission + roundtrip GO fare to Exhibition GO Station. Let’s GO to the race!
- When: July 14 - 16, 2023
- Where: Exhibition Place
- Your Ontario Honda Dealers present Honda Fan Friday - FREE General Admission
- 2-Day General Admission + GO Transit Round Trip - $80
- Saturday General Admission + GO Transit Round Trip - $55
- Sunday General Admission + GO Transit Round Trip - $65
- Children aged 12 and under are FREE with a ticketed adult
- PRESTO Perk - Show your PRESTO card to get FREE access to the paddock during the Honda Fan Friday event
- Buy tickets at hondaindy.com/GO!
- Get There With GO: Take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station. You’ll arrive right by Entrance 2 on the Honda Indy Festival Map.
Thanks for riding with us to FUN Philipines! Check back next year for 2024 details.
A summer weekend of fun-filled Filipino street festival showcasing the best of Filipino culture. Featuring Filipino and multicultural cuisines, live musical entertainment featuring popular tribute bands and local artists, cultural presentations, Filipino cultural installations, and so much more.
- When: July 22 & 23, 2023
- Where: A 1-kilometre stretch of fun, located on Bathurst Street, between Wilson Avenue and Laurelcrest Avenue
- Cost: Free!
- Get There With GO: The closest GO Stop is the Yorkdale GO Bus Terminal. Easily plan your trip with Triplinx!
Thanks for riding with us to Kempenfest! Check back next year for 2024 details.
At Barrie’s signature festival, the waterfront comes alive with music and art! The 51st annual Kempenfest promises to be the biggest one yet, featuring performances by Finger Eleven, Tom Cochrane, Jade Eagleson and more. Over 300 arts and crafts exhibitors will display their works and goods. Visit the Kool FM Family Stage for free entertainment that’s perfect for the whole family. There’s fun for everyone at Kempenfest!
- When: August 4 - 7, 2023
- Where: Barrie Waterfront & Downtown Barrie
- Cost: FREE! (Concerts and Midway available for ticket purchase).
- Get There with GO: Take the Barrie line to Allandale Waterfront GO and walk or take the free Kempenfest shuttle at Allandale Waterfront GO Station.
Toronto Caribbean Carnival
Thanks for riding with us to Toronto Caribbean Carnival! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Celebrate Caribbean culture at the Toronto Caribbean Carnival! The highlight of the festival is The Grande Parade, a spectacular display of music, dancing, and elaborate costumes that was “founded in celebration of freedom and emancipation from slavery.” You can watch the parade for free along Lakeshore Blvd, or purchase tickets for the paid viewing area with food and refreshments at Exhibition Place. Either option is easily accessible from Exhibition GO Station.
Be sure to also check out the other Toronto Caribbean Carnival events, including the King & Queen Showcase and Pan Alive Panorama at Lamport Stadium, and the TCC International Food Festival and Pan In D’ Park at Malvern Park.
- When: August 3 – 6, 2023
- King & Queen Showcase - Thu Aug 3, 5 pm - midnight @ Lamport Stadium
- Pan Alive Panorama - Fri Aug 4, 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm @ Lamport Stadium
- The Grande Parade - Sat Aug 5, 8 am - 8 pm @ Exhibition Place & Lakeshore Blvd
- TCC International Food Festival - Sun Aug 6, 2 pm - 8 pm @ Malvern Park/Malvern Recreation Centre
- Pan In D’ Park - Sun Aug 6, 2 pm - 9 pm @ Malvern Park/Malvern Recreation Centre
- Cost: Buy your tickets or RSVP for free events
- Get There With GO:
- To get to Lamport Stadium: take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station. Walk north up Atlantic Ave to Liberty St and turn left. You’ll see the parking lot for the stadium at the corner of Liberty and Jefferson.
- To get to Exhibition Place: just take the Lakeshore West line to Exhibition GO Station and you’re there! If you want to watch The Grande Parade for free, walk south down to Lakeshore Blvd via Manitoba Drive.
- To get to Malvern Park/Malvern Recreation Centre: take GO Bus Route 94 to Scarborough Centre Bus Terminal, and then connect to the TTC.
Boots & Hearts
Thanks for riding with us to Boots and Hearts! Check back next year for 2024 details.
Calling all country music fans! Don’t miss Canada’s largest camping and country music festival.
- When: August 10 – 13, 2023
- Where: Burl's Creek Event Grounds
- Cost: Ticket prices vary. Get your Boots and Hearts tickets here.
- Get There With GO: Take available GO Transit service to Allandale Waterfront GO Station, then take the specified Boots & Hearts shuttle (note: limited evening Barrie line service, be sure to check the schedule). If getting to Allandale Waterfront GO Station isn’t an option there are other places you can get a shuttle to the event. Book your Boots shuttle now.
Save with GO
GO can save you more than just the stress of driving and parking - we can save you money, too! Less money spent on travel means more money for all the summer excitement!
Don’t forget to take advantage of savings to attractions and events all around the GGH with your PRESTO card!
When you’re travelling on the weekend, a Weekend Pass is the way to GO. Use a $10 One-Day Pass for unlimited GO travel on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday. Use a $15 Weekend Pass for unlimited GO travel all weekend long, including holiday weekends. Squeeze in as much fun as you can while the summer weekends last!
Our fare discounts have made travelling with GO more affordable than ever. Our Youth and Post-Secondary Student fare has increased from 22.5% to 40% off the regular adult fare. Our Co-Fare discount has increased to 100% off on most local transit agencies. That means that your local fares are now FREE when you connect to or from GO Transit. We’re saving you more, so you can DO more.
When school’s out for summer, it’s time for family fun! Remember that kids aged 12 and under always ride free on GO. It’s affordable to bring the whole family on GO Transit!
Commute from GO
Turo is Canada’s favourite car-sharing marketplace and our new official car-sharing partner! With Turo, you can request a vehicle to be delivered to GO stations across our network. This gives you endless possibilities to visit family, find hidden gems off the beaten track, and explore every corner of our region.
Turo is carbon neutral certified so, even though you’re driving, you can feel good knowing that your carbon footprint is balanced out by greenhouse-gas-reduction projects.
- How: You can book on the Turo website or via their app. Enter a location (the GO station where you want to pick up the car), and then browse the vehicles that are available for sharing by local hosts. When you book your vehicle, be sure to select delivery so that the car will be waiting for you when you get to the GO station. When you arrive, check in via the app to get the keys and continue your travel adventure.
- Where: GO stations throughout our network
Metrolinx has partnered with SCOOTY, a GTA-based micro mobility company, to offer e-scooter rentals to GO Transit riders in Brampton. E-scooters are a fun and affordable way to get to and from GO stations!
Summer Events Are Just A GO Ride
Say goodbye to traffic jams and parking headaches and say hello to a relaxing ride. Take the GO and don’t miss out on a minute of summertime fun. Start planning your outings now!
Weekend travel from just $10
Buy your $10 One-Day Weekend Pass, or a $15 Weekend Pass for the full weekend online.