More Services to Get You Where You Need to GO Starting April 8
Published: Apr 14, 2023
Great news! As of April 8, 2023, we’ve added new GO services, and made changes to improve your travel throughout the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
We’ve added hourly weekend train service between Brampton and Toronto on the Kitchener line, as well as bus connections to these trains from Guelph, Halton Hills, Kitchener, and Waterloo. We’re also transforming our bus network by introducing direct service between Hamilton and Waterloo, making it easier to access major destinations along the 401, and increasing the frequency of buses on several core routes. With all this, plus the return of some seasonal GO Bus routes to top attractions, there are so many reasons to get out and GO this spring!
And remember, always check your schedule before you GO!
Kitchener Line Weekend Service
Spring is the season for making fun weekend plans! We’re making it easier for you to leave your car at home and enjoy stress-free outings without worrying about traffic and parking.
GO Train Service Between Mount Pleasant GO & Union Station
Weekend day trips between Brampton and Toronto on the Kitchener line will be a breeze with new hourly train service on Saturdays and Sundays!
There are lots of great Spring events for you to check out and, with GO Weekend Passes and free GO travel for kids 12 and under, it’s simple and affordable to squeeze in multiple activities in a single weekend.
Our new weekend train service makes it easier than ever:
- Beginning April 8, 2023, GO Train service will run hourly in both directions between Mount Pleasant GO Station and Union Station.
- First eastbound trip - departs Mount Pleasant GO at 7:49 a.m.
- Last eastbound trip - departs Mount Pleasant GO at 10:49 p.m.
- First westbound trip - departs Union Station at 8:51 a.m.
- Last westbound trip - departs Union Station at 11:51 p.m.
- The new weekend train service is replacing our existing weekend GO Bus service on route 31, so be sure to check your schedule before you travel.
- The new weekend train service is not serving Etobicoke North GO Station.
Weekend Bus Service Connecting Waterloo, Kitchener, Guelph, and Halton Hills
Do you live in Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, or Halton Hills, or are you thinking of taking a day trip to the area? You’ve got easy weekend travel now, too!
- New weekend GO Bus service on routes 30 and 33 are connecting to the weekend train service at Mount Pleasant and Bramalea GO stations.
- Head into Toronto for the day and check out the many attractions or escape the city and spend the day hiking in Guelph!
Bus Network Transformation
Better connections, more frequency, and improved travel for YOU! We’re transforming the GO Bus network to make it easier for you to get where you need to GO.
Hamilton to Waterloo Bus Service
Direct travel between Waterloo and Hamilton is here! Starting April 10, 2023, we’re introducing GO Bus route 17, operating weekdays between Waterloo and Hamilton GO Centre.
- This new direct bus route will save you more than an hour on public transit when you’re travelling between these communities!
- In between, the route serves four post-secondary institutions year-round — University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph, and McMaster University. It’s perfect for visiting friends at different universities, or heading home with a bag of laundry. Don’t forget that you can save 40% off the single standard adult fare with a Post-Secondary Student PRESTO fare discount. Find out how to sign up!
- GO Bus route 17 also connects to train services at Guelph Central GO, Hamilton GO Centre and Aldershot GO Station.
- Travel opportunities beyond route 17 include connections to Brantford, Cambridge, the Niagara Region, Halton, Peel and Toronto. Talk about places to GO!
GO Bus Routes 34 & 94
We’re simplifying your bus travel!
- GO Bus routes 34 and 94 have been combined into one route, connecting major destinations and transit hubs along Highway 401.
- The expanded route 94 connects Pickering to Mississauga via Toronto Pearson Airport.
- This route provides hourly service, seven days a week.
- New stops on route 94 include Dixie Transitway, Renforth Transitway, and Yonge St. at Sheppard Avenue.
- Route 94 also provides direct connections to TTC Lines 1, 3 and 4, Scarborough Town Centre, and North York.
- Some travel times may change with these adjustments. Always check your schedule before you GO!
- This new route is not serving Finch Terminal. If you typically use this stop, you can use Triplinx.ca to check your transit options and plan your trip.
Increased Frequency on Several Bus Routes
We know that you want to get to your destination faster, and at the time that works best for YOUR schedule. That’s why we’re increasing the frequency on several core bus routes! And remember, using GO e-tickets is always quick and convenient. Buy yours now!
Other schedule adjustments have also been made to these routes and others. Be sure to check your schedule before you head out!
Route 12 (Niagara Falls/Toronto):
- We’ve added more weekday service on route 12C between St. Catharines Fairview Mall and Burlington GO Station.
- We’ve increased weekday and weekend seasonal service between Burlington GO Station and Niagara Falls.
Route 40 (Hamilton/Richmond Hill):
- We’ve added more trips to bring service levels to 20-minute frequency during peak periods.
- We’ve added more weekend service.
Route 47 (Hamilton/Hwy 407 Terminal):
- We’ve added more trips to bring service levels to 30-minute frequency.
Route 88B (Peterborough/Oshawa):
- We’ve added new weekday trips, serving Courtice Rd. at Baseline Rd. in Courtice and First Ave. at Front St. in Oshawa
Seasonal Bus Service
Great news for those spring and summer outings that you’re planning! GO seasonal services to Toronto Premium Outlets, Canada’s Wonderland, and the Toronto Zoo are returning until the end of August to make it easy for you to leave the car at home and just focus on the fun!
Toronto Premium Outlets
Spring shopping, anyone? Celebrate the warmer weather with some new shoes or get ready for the summer season with new swimwear and beachy outfits.
- Starting April 8, 2023, GO Bus route 25L will include a stop at the Toronto Premium Outlets on weekends and holidays.
- Whatever you’re looking to buy, you’re sure to find it at the Toronto Premium Outlets! With over 130 stores offering savings of 25% - 65% off, you’ll find all the brands you love for less.
- Check your schedule and use a GO Weekend Pass or your Post-Secondary Student PRESTO fare discount to save on your travel, too! Also, kids 12 and under ride GO for free!
Who’s ready to ride some roller coasters?
- Starting May 6, 2023, GO Bus routes 47W and 52X will include a stop at Canada’s Wonderland on weekends and holidays.
- Gather a group of friends, or plan a family outing, and chase some thrills at Ontario’s premier theme park. If you’re bringing the kids, remember that children aged 12 and under always ride free on GO, and teens and post-secondary students can save 40% off the single standard adult fare with PRESTO. GO Weekend Passes are also a great option for unlimited GO travel on a Saturday, Sunday, or all weekend long!
It’s a wild experience for animal lovers of all ages at the Toronto Zoo! But you can skip the jungle of traffic on the 401 and ride there with us instead.
- Starting May 20, 2023, on weekends and holidays, most trips on GO Bus route 96Z will include a stop at the Toronto Zoo.
- Start planning your trip and checking your schedule to visit the lions, polar bears, giraffes, rhinos, and more!
Get Ready to GO!
With these changes making it even easier to travel, there’s so many opportunities to get out and explore this spring and summer. Where will you GO?