We're Improving Your Station!
We're enhancing safety features at your station as part of GO Expansion.
Starting April 6, we will continue working on the platform at your station, which will mean some changes to the way you get on the GO.
Construction will affect how you board and exit your train. Pay attention to the following to ensure you’re in the right place:
At Allandale Waterfront GO:
- We’re closing the south side of the platform to install tactile yellow tiles and new digital signs. Please use the north side of the platform until further notice.
- The pedestrian tunnel will remain open throughout construction.
- Look for signs to show you where to stand on the platform.
- Remember to spread out along the platform and board all available coach doors to keep trains on schedule.
At Union Station:
- Listen to the announcements on your train.
- Not all cars will open at your station.Please remember to give yourself extra time to get to where you are going.
Getting on the GO will continue to change as construction progresses. We anticipate all amenities being ready for you and construction wrapping up by summer 2020.
How You Will Benefit
These upgrades are some of the early works we are carrying out as part of GO Expansion, to enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations. GO Expansion will increase the frequency and number of GO trains across the rail network, reduce congestion and connect a growing region with fast, reliable transit options to get you where you need to go. At your station this means you’ll benefit from new tactile yellow tiles on the train platform. The best commute is always a safe one.
How to Stay in the Know
We’ll keep you informed throughout this project. If you haven’t already, sign up for our On the GO email or text alerts to stay informed. Signing up is easy and you can customize your alerts to your station and schedule. You can also follow the Barrie line on Twitter @GOtransitBR.
Updated: March 27, 2020